Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Fast Fix Fridays

Fast Fix Fridays have begun! This is where I'd like to share my quick tips, DIY's and tried recipes before heading into the weekend. Maybe I'll inspire you to try something new!

Here are some vintage metal canisters I picked up at an estate sale for $10. They were in great shape with only a few scratches. The fact they were metal and had a sleek look caught my eye. 


But, being me I had to jazz them up. So, I picked up this can of spray paint from Lowe's to give them a fresh look. Valspar orange in gloss finish.

I taped off the parts I didn't want painted and scuffed up the green metal a bit with a fine sandpaper so the paint would hold and the finish was smooth. I did two coats of paint and I let them dry over night and viola! 


Now, what else can I cover in orange spray paint?! My husband's Alabama Crimson Tide poster? I would never...or would I. :-)

Have a great weekend!

2 comments: