Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Seventy

Alan’s father turned 70!! So we threw him a party with close friends and family! 
 
In my mind everyone would show up in poodle skirts and we would do the twist to the amazing cover band we had set up in our back yard. But reality hits and you realize neither the budget nor the time would allow for such shenanigans. Besides, his father is a little more low key.
So with the guest of honor in mind and my guest list established I figured an old fashioned cookout would fit the bill. 
 Coming up with the “theme” of the party wasn’t hard. I knew I wanted it fun but with a bit of sophistication. Yellow was on my mind. Blue was Louie’s favorite color, and red? Well, it just went well! 
 Once the colors were established everything else fell into place.
I bought most of the supplies (i.e. table cloths, plates, napkins, utensils, & balloons) at Party City. The cake came from good ole’ Publix, but I special ordered it with the specific colors. And my sister arranged the flowers (thank you, Cheryl!).
The party didn't cost an arm and a leg and the effort it took to pull it all together was minimal, but the effect it had was big! Louie wasn't expecting anything like it and the other guests were delighted when they saw the cake, flowers, and balloons. Sometimes the little things make the biggest difference! Happy Birthday, Louie!

So consider doing a little extra for your next cookout, football party, or any get-together!


4 comments:

  1. Amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Monica has already expressed our appreciation for the kindness we were shown during our visit. We absolutely love that we were able to meet you guys. More than that though, we look forward to your "working" visit to Helena because our house now screams to be "Andreaified".

    Keep in touch...
    Rex & Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice finally getting to meet you two and I look forward to helping you guys on the house!

      Delete