Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wild Card Room Reveal

Are you ready??
If not, then get caught up and read this.
  
Now, are you ready??

Drum roll please....

Tada!
How about that for some color?

This design was a bit out of my comfort zone but totally fun and worth the wow factor. You can see I played off the art a good bit. I pulled out the small hint of blue in the art for the accent wall and used pops of yellow as another jolt of color. The blue accent wall is Sherwin Williams Jay Blue and the other walls are a soft gray Sherwin Williams Olympus. 
I felt the bedding needed to be a strong pattern so it wouldn't get lost in the loud color scheme. BUT I didn't want it to be colorful itself as it would just compete with the art. I found all the bedding including the yellow pillow and throw at West Elm

A lot of great finds helped this room out a good bit too. The biggest being the bed. Keeping with styles I saw in Germany, I knew I wanted a platform style bed. Platforms are modern, usually sit low to the ground, and do not have a box spring. I had always admired the beds from Ikea, they of course have that European look I wanted, but they were unreachable for me because the closet store was 4 hours away. Browsing Craigslist one afternoon I came across the find of a century. This bed was listed for a ridiculously low price. So, I snatched it up :-)


Hey, why not use desk lamps as your beside lamps? I did ;-) These lamps were bought at Target. 

And remember nesting dolls? Just another fun German accent to finish off the room. 

Overall I wanted a fun, comfortable space where guests felt they were actually on vacation. Now, did I make it too nice that they'll never want to leave? 







No comments:

Post a Comment